To all my fellow Toronto foodies, I would like to remind you that Summerlicious reservations are now open to everyone! American Express holders have already had advanced reservations from June 18th-19th so popular restaurants, such as Canoe, may not have any reservations available. Not to worry though! If you are insistent on trying a particular restaurant - call in often as cancellations are made. Also, it is not necessary to make reservations - but it ensures that you don't have to wait and there is a table for you.
Summerlicious 2013 is taking place from July 5th to the 21st. I plan to attend some restaurants during this Summerlicious season. At the moment, I plan to attend Bymark & Byzantium!
For those who are not familiar with Summerlicious and are living or visiting Toronto between July 5 - 21st, it is a Toronto-wide event where 196 of Toronto's top restaurants offer a three-course prix fixe menu for either lunch or dinner. This provides an opportunity for foodies, especially students like myself, try restaurants that they are interested in at a more affordable price. This event happens twice a year as Summerlicious & Winterlicious!
In the past I have tried the following participating restaurants (not necessarily during Summer/Winterlicious) and included a brief review of each. Restaurants which I have reviewed or have photos for have been linked:
- Annona Restaurant - Great! Savoury & consistently well done. Highly Recommended
- Auberge du Pommier - Always a hit and popular. Great French cuisine. Highly Recommended
- Biff's Bistro - Great oysters & has an unique menu item - horse meat! Recommended
- Big Daddy's Bourbon Street Bistro & Oyster Bar - Great Happy Hour Specials & good price! Recommended
- Bodega - Nice decor. Average food.
- Bymark - Lovely decor & was the set of Suits. Loved the lobster poutine! Great food! Highly Recommended
- Ciao Wine Bar - Generous portions & great food! Loved the lobster pasta. Highly Recommended
- Coppi Ristorante - Quite tasty food & been multiple times - though I've gotten sick after eating here during Summerlicious and have yet returned.
- Creme Brasserie - Tried it during the Groupon special. Lovely French cuisine!
- Drake Hotel - Great food though small portions. There's a cute photobooth too!
- Fred's Not Here - Winterlicious menu was average.
- Jump - Great restaurant - but not during the Summerlicious rush.
- La Societe - Quite pricey on a daily basis, great beef tartare! Recommended
- Luma - Went here for Valentine's Day. Fish was heavenly. Oysters were amazing. Highly Recommended!
- Matahari Bar & Grill - Good Food. Coworkers enjoyed it. I didn't care for it as much.
- Momofuku Daisho - Went opening week. Didn't enjoy it. Nothing stood out - average. Overpriced alcoholic drinks. Haven't tried it again yet.
- MoRoCo Chocolat - Favourite brunch, high tea, & dessert place. Great macarons! Highly Recommended!
- Moxie's Grill & Bar - Good franchise! Good restaurant to try.
- North 44 - Amazing food. Highly Recommended!
- Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill - Standard O&B Quality. Highly Recommended!
- Pangaea - Love love love their dessert. Highly Recommended!
- Ruth's Chris Steak House - Great steak house! Uses a lot of butter.
- Sassafraz - Consistent restaurant & great location. Recommended
- Starfish Oyster Bed & Grill - Amazing oysters & dessert! Highly Recommended!
- The Fifth Grill and Terrace - Amazing meal & lovely decor! Went for Winterlicious! Fun night club too (met my best Australian friends there)! Highly Recommended!
- Tundra - Went a long long long long long time ago. Recommend it but I don't really remember distinct details other than I left happy.
- Wildfire Steakhouse & Wine Bar - Amazing seafood (especially lobster tails) and steak! Highly Highly Recommended!
-- samshimi xx