To all my fellow Toronto foodies, I would like to remind you that Winterlicious will be coming up in the new year (can't believe that there's only 16 days left in 2013!).
Winterlicious 2014 is taking place from January 31st to February 13th. Reservations will start on January 16th, 2014. I am hoping to check out a few restaurants such as Bent, ONE, Wish, Bloke & 4th, Grace and a few others.
For those who are not familiar with Winterlicious and are living or visiting Toronto between January 31st - February 13th, it is a Toronto-wide event where some of Toronto's top restaurants offer a three-course prix fixe menu for either lunch or dinner. This provides an opportunity for foodies, especially students like myself, try restaurants that they are interested in at a more affordable price. This event happens twice a year as Summerlicious & Winterlicious!
In the past I have tried the following participating restaurants (not necessarily during Summer/Winterlicious) and included a brief review of each. Restaurants which I have reviewed or have photos for have been linked:
- Annona Restaurant - Great! Savoury & consistently well done. Highly Recommended
- Auberge du Pommier - Always a hit and popular. Great French cuisine. Highly Recommended
- Biff's Bistro - Great oysters & has an unique menu item - horse meat! Recommended
- Big Daddy's Bourbon Street Bistro & Oyster Bar - Great Happy Hour Specials & good price! Recommended
- Bodega - Nice decor. Average food.
- Bymark - Lovely decor & was the set of Suits. Loved the lobster poutine! Great food! Highly Recommended
- Ciao Wine Bar - Generous portions & great food! Loved the lobster pasta. Highly Recommended
- Coppi Ristorante - Quite tasty food & been multiple times - though I've gotten sick after eating here during Summerlicious and have yet returned.
- Creme Brasserie - Tried it during the Groupon special. Lovely French cuisine!
- Drake Hotel - Great food though small portions. There's a cute photobooth too!
- Fred's Not Here - Winterlicious menu was average.
- HUSH - Great restaurant - amazing portions, wide range of comfort foods, & offers make-your-own-s'mores right at your table complete with a fireplace (went during regular time). Highly Recommend
- Jump - Great restaurant - but not during the Summerlicious rush.
- La Societe - Quite pricey on a daily basis, great beef tartare! Recommended
- Luma - Went here for Valentine's Day. Fish was heavenly. Oysters were amazing. Highly Recommended!
- Matahari Bar & Grill - Good Food. Coworkers enjoyed it. I didn't care for it as much.
- Momofuku Daisho - Went opening week. Didn't enjoy it. Nothing stood out - average. Overpriced alcoholic drinks. Went again for the second time this year - still quite average. Portions are on smaller side.
- MoRoCo Chocolat - Favourite brunch, high tea, & dessert place. Great macarons! Highly Recommended!
- Moxie's Grill & Bar - Good franchise! Good restaurant to try.
- North 44 - Amazing food. Highly Recommended!
- Oliver & Bonacini Cafe Grill - Standard O&B Quality. Highly Recommended!
- Pangaea - Love love love their dessert. Highly Recommended!
- Ruth's Chris Steak House - Great steak house! Uses a lot of butter.
- Sassafraz - Consistent restaurant & great location. Recommended
- Southern Accent - Amazing and delicious food. Super flavourful and fun environment. Highly recommended!
- Smith - Poor selection of food, smaller portions (upside not too expensive), and terrible service. Not Recommended.
- Starfish Oyster Bed & Grill - Amazing oysters & dessert! Highly Recommended!
- The Fifth Grill and Terrace - Amazing meal & lovely decor! Went for Winterlicious! Fun night club too (met my best Australian friends there)! Highly Recommended!
- Tundra - Went a long long long long long time ago. Recommend it but I don't really remember distinct details other than I left happy.
- Wildfire Steakhouse & Wine Bar - Amazing seafood (especially lobster tails) and steak! Highly Highly Recommended!
- Windsor Arms Hotel - I've always gone for their breakfast/brunch buffets - delicious food.
-- samshimi xx
PS: Windsor Arms Hotel and Ruelo is having a Groupon for afternoon tea for a limited time! Click here (WAH) or here (R) to view and much appreciated if you use my referral link here to purchase them (though not necessary).